Exhibitions & Workshops
BATIK WORKSHOPS 2017
1. Rosi is teaching a two-day workshop - 'A Painterly Approach to Batik or Capturing the World in Wax and Dyes' at the Bath Textile Summer School at the Holburne Museum, Bath, August 21st and 22nd, 2017. Please contact Lynne Roche on www.bathtextilesummerschool.co.uk or Rosi on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2. A three-day batik workshop in Nova Scotia, Canada. September 14th, 15th and 16th, 2017 at 100 Queen Street, Chester, Nova Scotia, B0J 1J0 Canada. For more information please contact Rosi on email@example.com
3. 'Discover the Magic of Batik' at the Martindale Centre, Station Road, Horsted Keynes, near Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH17 7ED - Saturday, October 28th and Sunday 29th, 2017, 9.30am - 4pm. If you are interested in joining the workshop please contact Rosi on firstname.lastname@example.org.
ROSI'S EXHIBITIONS IN 2017
1. Exhibition with the 'Sussex Guild' at Parham House, Near Storrington, W. Sussex
Saturday 17th June and Sunday 18th June, 10am - 5pm
2. 'Colour with Confidence IV,' Standen House, (National Trust), Near East Grinstead, West Sussex. - Rosi Robinson (batik), Angela Davies (ceramics), Lara Sparks (embroidered lampshades), Jo Pearson (glass jewellery),
June 20th - July 9th 2017
3. Rosi will be exhibiting with the Sussex Guild, at Midhurst Rother College, NorthStreet, Midhurst, West Sussex, GU29 9DT, www.thesussexguild.co.uk
Sat, 25th November and Sun, 26th November, 2016, 10am - 5pm.
PAST EXHIBITIONS 2016 and 2015
1. 'Batiks to Dye For', A Solo Exhibition of Batik Paintings by Rosi Robinson - Horsham Museum and Art Gallery, 9 Causeway, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1HE - Friday, 21st October - Saturday 19th October, 2016.
2. 'Colour with Confidence III', Standen House, Near East Grinstead, West Sussex. June 15th - 3rd July, 2016
3. The Green Tree Gallery, Borde Hill Garden, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 details. June 25th - 3rd September, 2016 www.greentreegallery.com
4. Art in Action (the last one ever!), Waterperry Gardens, Nr Wheatley, Oxford OX33 1JZ , Market Tent , 14th - 17th July, 2016
5. The Wilson Studio, OXMARKET CENTRE of ARTS October 13th - 25th, 2015
ONE OR TWO-DAY BATIK WORKSHOPS
If you are interested in joining a workshop, please see the information below.
'Explore the Magic of Batik'
with Rosi Robinson
at the Martindale Centre, Station Road, Horsted Keynes, West Sussex RH17 7ED
Learn the basics of this wonderful traditional resist technique of decorating fabric. Discover the magical quality and variety of effects that batik - wax, dyes, fabric (and paper) - has to offer.
This one or two day workshop is suitable for any level of experience. You can work at your own pace and ability under the supervision of the internationally renowned batik artist and instructor, Rosi Robinson.
You will be introduced to a variety of traditional and contemporary techniques on cotton fabric using hot liquid wax and fibre-reactive dyes. You will learn how to apply hot wax with brushes, cantings (Tjantings), Caps (tjaps) and stamps both found and made; etch and spatter wax. You will learn how to do batik in a more painterly way - almost like painting in watercolours - on both fabric and paper. By waxing areas at each stage you will learn how to build up a picture or design by applying dye washes starting from the lightest colour leading up to the darkest. You will also learn how to discharge colour on both paper and cotton fabric. During the weekend you will produce one or more colourful batik designs or pictures.
You will need only an apron, a hairdryer and some ideas and photographs.
The cost of a one day workshop is £50 and for two days is £100, plus £5 - £10 depending on materials used. All materials are provided plus tea/coffee, but please bring a packed lunch.
The day starts at 9.30am and lasts till 4 - 4.30pm.
Please email Rosi to find out dates of her next workshops.
As a freelance tutor and lecturer she is happy to travel to your Group or Organization and offer talks, presentations and/or batik workshops.
Please contact Rosi Robinson at:-
The Annexe, Hinton Lodge, Lewes Road, Horsted Keynes, RH17 7DY
Tel: 01825 791266
or print, fill out and post/mail to Rosi at the address above..
APPLICATION FOR BATIK WORKSHOP
DATE OF WORKSHOP_____________________________
To secure a place, please email Rosi at email@example.com
and send a deposit of £20 to --
The Annexe, HInton Lodge, Lewes Road, Horsted Keynes, West Sussex RH17 7DY